I was a bit taken aback by how popular the last wreath was, so here’s another. This is made in the same way. The background is a sample of furnishing linen which I have had for ages but not wanted to cut up. The circle is done in chain stitch with three strands of embroidery cotton. This one has appliquéd berries and thorn stitch between the leaves.
This one is quite so easy to read. The previous one had a lighter background:
I like the second one because it looks a bit vintage, as if the person who made it in the 19C didn’t quite know how it was going to fade and become less distinct.
These are so easy to do, though. Brilliant for beginners because the appliqué leaves are a really simple shape.
I spent the weekend at my mother’s, and decided to go up into the loft to see if I could find my old Barbie dolls. They seem to have disappeared without trace for the time being, but I did find a little cache of fabric from the fifties and sixties as well as some pieces of Laura Ashley fabric. I love these prints. They would have been better if I had ironed them, but perfection, as we know, is the enemy of getting things done.
First, this pretty print which is slightly different in the blue and the pink:
And on the charming folkloric theme, I found one tiny piece of this print featuring a folk art type horse:
Then there were some great fifties style florals:
And a happy sixties-looking version, which is a great design for sunflowers:
And this lovely print which I think might have been curtains:
Then some very bold prints which have a very modern feel to me:
As well as a quintessential vintage:
And finally, a really stunning photo print which could have been made earlier today:
Not quite sure what that waffle thing is in the background, but the glassy cherries are irresistible, as is the blueprint quality.
And very lastly, a large chunk of one of my very favourite dresses when I was a teenager:
I can’t wait to see what this lot end up in, and I will keep you posted.