The weather here on Sunday was absolutely beautiful, like a perfect English summer day, as opposed to late March which is almost always cold and wet. So, after the household and familial duties, including taking the dogs for a long walk, I didn’t have that much time in my workroom. I did some finishing off jobs, which is always satisfying, and I found a pile of four by two inch rectangles of yellow cotton quilting fabric, which I have an idea my Grate Friend Ceri cut. I have no idea what they were doing on my work table, but my room is such a tip at the moment that all sorts of things churn their way to the top.
Anyway, I said a couple of blogs ago that I love anything on a yellow background and so I decided to lay them all down on a piece of fusible wadding and see what happened. In the event I quilted a monstrous pot plant! I have no idea where that came from either. I was aiming for a sort of medieval illustration tree, but this came out instead. I used the leaves to practise different filler patterns which was fun. Again, I have no idea what a pea pod is doing in this but I just like embroidering them:
But the piece I like best is the pot and this was a useful experiment. It’s one of the pieces of fabric that I was given at Christmas and it looks great with this lovely Sulky thread in purple and blue over it.
I will use that again as a design element. Otherwise it was just good fun to make.